Parker's Place - Seattle Center Coliseum, Seattle, WA
[Primadonna, PD096] (74:51, 15 tracks)
Recorded during Seattle's Bumbershoot Arts Festival, excellent sound.
Incomplete, missing the track "Cold Shot".
incorrectly listed as recorded at Parker's Restaurant
Together In Love
01) Scuttle Buttin' / Say What (7:38) ("SB"=2:28, "SW"=5:10)
02) Lookin' Out The Window (2:08)
03) Look At Little Sister (3:13)
04) Ain't Gone'n'Give Up On Love (7:50)
05) Change It (4:37)
06) You'll Be Mine (4:34)
07) Empty Arms (2:33)
08) Come On (5:11)
09) Pride And Joy (5:22)
10) Testify (3:26) (studio version, what?)
11) Couldn't Stand The Weather (7:26)
12) Life Without You (8:42)
13) Introducing Bonnie Raitt (1:52)
14) Texas Flood (6:52) (with Bonnie Raitt)
15) Testify (3:37) (with Bonnie Raitt)
Notes and Comments:
It's not a bad show, but I would give the recording quality a "C" at best. It gets better as the show goes on (or else my ears get adjusted to it). It's an audience recording and the guitar is not very clear.
Parker's Place was recorded on September 1, 1985. My recording, called Seattle Jammin', was off the soundboard. Basically, he plays all the songs that are on Soul to Soul. The main highlight is the final song, Texas Flood, with Bonnie Raitt. She adds tasteful licks on the slide at all the right places. She's been a friend of SRV's since his days back in Austin before he even really got a following
Identical to Texas Flood (Seattle Washington). It is an excellent concert.
back to the bootleg cd index